HOUSING CODE CHANGES
- The existing housing code was replaced by the 2009 International Property Maintenance Code (IPMC) with local amendments. Like the previous housing code, the IPMC provides regulations for all housing within the City of Boulder, including rental properties.
- The Energy Efficiency requirements are attached as an appendix to the 2009 IPMC. See the 2011 SmartRegs Guidebook for details.
RENTAL LICENSING CHANGES
- The rental license fee (for a new license or to renew a license) has changed from $46.00 per building, to $70.00 per building.
- On a complaint basis only, any city-performed inspections (due to a complaint) will result in in a $250 fee to cover the cost of the inspection.
- Life-safety provisions added to both the:
- Some properties are exempt from the energy efficiency requirements of this ordinance. If your property meets one of the criteria listed below, please complete and submit the SmartRegs Energy Efficiency Application and await verification of exemption from the City of Boulder.
- Buildings that meet/exceed the energy efficiency requirements of the Energy Conservation and Insulation Code, Chapter 10-7, B.R.C. 1981. (typically buildings permitted after July 2001)
- Any manufactured home.
- Accessory Dwelling Units and Attached Owner Accessory Units as defined in section 9-6-3, "Specific Use Standards Residential Uses." B.R.C. 1981.
- Units weatherized after September 1994 according to state or federal subsidy program standards. Documentation of participation required.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 12 March 2013 09:18