HOW TO OBTAIN A CLASS G LICENSE
- Complete a city-sponsored SmartRegs Energy Inspector Training (must pass exam at end of training.)
- Complete a City of Boulder Contractor Licensing Application.
- Provide a copy of A, B or C Contractors certificate issued by the International Code Council (ICC).
- Provide a current copy of a 'Certificate of Insurance' as required by BRC 4-1-8. City of Boulder as 'Certificate Holder' and 'Additional Insured.'
- Pay the annual licensing fees as required by BRC 4-20-4.
- D-9 contractors must provide one of the following:
ICC or ICBO certification, RESNET certification, ASHI registration, A, B or C city contractor license, Architect or Engineer registration.
- If already licensed with the City of Boulder:
- Provide a copy of current City of Boulder license certificate.
- Pay the Class G license fee: $15
HOUSING AND RENTAL LICENSING CODE CHANGES
- The existing housing code was replaced by the 2009 International Property Maintenance Code (IPMC) with local amendments. Like the previous housing code, the IPMC provides regulations for all housing within the city of Boulder, including rental properties.
- For rental licensing, Life-safety provisions added to both the:
- Some properties are exempt from the energy efficiency requirements of this ordinance. If your property meets one of the criteria listed below, please complete and submit the SmartRegs Energy Efficiency Application and await verification of exemption from the City of Boulder.
- Buildings that meet/exceed the energy efficiency requirements of the Energy Conservation and Insulation Code, Chapter 10-7, B.R.C. 1981. (typically buildings permitted after July 2001)
- Any manufactured home.
- Accessory Dwelling Units and Attached Owner Accessory Units as defined in section 9-6-3, "Specific Use Standards Residential Uses." B.R.C. 1981.
- Units weatherized after September 1994 according to state or federal subsidy program standards. Documentation of participation required.
The City of Boulder is offering trainings to become SmartRegs Certified. The training will cover the technical aspects of the new regulations and will enable inspectors to provide SmartRegs inspection services. All residental rental units within the city must comply with the regulations by 2019. All inspector trainings are offered free of charge!
Alfalfa's Community Room
Boulder, CO 80302
Request A Training (OR Provide Training Feedback)
The city will only schedule new trainings on a per need basis.
Use the form below to request an additional training. Once enough requests have been received to fill a training, the city will contact the inspectors with a training date and time.
If you have already attended a SmartRegs Inspector Training, please let us know how to make it better!
Last Updated on Friday, 22 February 2013 10:38