Mobile stage rental • Check availability • Request a reservation
Picnic Site Descriptions
Picnic Rental Information
The Boulder Reservoir is a beautiful setting for a summer party. You may reserve picnic areas from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. late April through mid-October. We have 12 locations available for rent. We'll do the set-up, you just arrive and enjoy!
Each picnic rental includes:
- Dedicated sand volleyball court (volleyball provided)
- Horseshoes or bocce (provided),
- Party pack (Frisbee, volleyball, horseshoes or bocce balls, and an extension cord).
How do I reserve an area?
- Look at the park map and descriptions. Decide which site(s) you would like to reserve.
- Check date and site availability
- Choose the appropriate package for your group size and activities
Picnic packages and prices
- Fill out the reservation request form
- You will receive an email confirmation and contract within three days after you submit the form. Once you have your contract, your reservation is considered tentative while we wait for your signature and payment.
- Return the rental contract by mail, fax, or email. Please also submit full payment for package and deposit. Once you have a receipt, your rental is considered final.
The cost of the picnic is based on the package of amenities you need. Each of our picnic sites come with a sand volleyball court, horseshoes or bocce ball, and a party pack (Frisbee, volleyball, horse shoes or bocce and extension cord.)
Rental boats (where included or added) will be delivered to your site with lifejackets and paddles.
Reservation DOES NOT include admission fees for guests, however a discount applies when a site is rented.
Admission fees with picnic reservation
Picnic organizers may use one of the following methods to pay gate fees (please indicate your choice on theapplication):
Head count – The reservoir gate personnel will maintain a count of people entering the park for your event. The group will be invoiced for the gate fee.
Individual – Individuals with your party pay the discount fee upon notifying front gate personnel which party/function they are attending.
- Rental will not be set up unless payment has been received.
- Amplified sound is allowed, but must be stopped by 7 p.m. per Boulder Revised Code.
- Glass is not allowed in the park. Glass containers will be confiscated.
- Alcohol is allowed, no permit necessary.
- The picnic organizer is responsible to make sure the site is left in the condition it was found; remove personal belongings and trash/recycling in the receptacles.
- Dogs are not allowed in the park May 15 through Labor Day. If your guests arrive with a dog, they will be asked to take the dog home during this timeframe.
- The park gates close at 9 p.m. Memorial Day through Labor Day and all patrons must exit the park by that time unless prior arrangements have been made. Please check the gate schedule for gate closing times outside of these dates.
- Rental boats and swimming are only available Memorial Day through Labor Day.
- If the forecast on your picnic date is looking questionable, it is your responsibility to contact the reservoir staff to reschedule the picnic at least 48 hours in advance. There are no refunds due to weather, only reschedules.
- A final invoice will be sent to the organizer after the event for admissions and any extra amenities.
Fees can be paid by cash, check, Visa or MasterCard. Checks payable to City of Boulder.
Payment and forms may be mailed to:
5565 N 51st St.
Attn: Special Events
Boulder, CO 80301
Last Updated on Tuesday, 22 January 2013 11:20