Boulder Reservoir boat/watercraft permits
5565 N 51st St. Boulder CO 80301
Phone 303 441-3461 Fax 303 441-1807
**We do not sell permits on Memorial Day and the Fourth of July.**
Please gathering the following:
- 2013 State of CO Boat Registration
- New insurance certificate
- Having your insurance company fill out the affidavit of insurance
Apply for a boat/watercraft permit
- Aquatic Nuisance Species (ANS) Protocol
- All watercraft; sailboats, power boats, kayaks, canoes, kite boards sailboards etc... are required to have a valid Boulder Reservoir permit .
- One permit is required per stand up paddle boards (SUP). One permit will no longer cover two SUP's.
- All 2013 permits will be valid through March 31, 2014.
- No permits will be sold after Sept. 3, 2013 (Exception: small craft permits)
- We do not sell permits on Memorial Day and the Fourth of July.
- Permits will be transferred on a case-by-case basis as approved by the Reservoir Manager.
- To transfer a permit from one craft to another, a $50 transfer fee will be charged and the old permit must be submitted to the reservoir to obtain a new permit.
- The Boulder Reservoir will no longer permit any personal water craft (PWC) for recreational use on the reservoir.
- The Boulder Reservoir will no longer permit boats having greater than 500HP.
All watercraft on reservoir must remain wake less with the exception of city-sanctioned activities and lake patrol operations.
- Tuesday 5:30 a.m. - noon
- Wednesday 5:30 a.m. - 9 a.m.
- Thursday 5 pm - 9 p.m.
Boat permit and mooring prices and options
Last Updated on Friday, 26 April 2013 08:54