Visitor Master Plan-
The Visitor Master Plan is the product of several years work by many members of the community. You will find information about and links to the key documents associated with the development and implementation of the plan.
Follow This Link to View/Print Other Parts of the Visitor Master Plan
Plan Reference Documents
- The Condition and Compatibility & Trends Analysis 806.23 Kb contains a summary of information about the current condition and future trends affecting the visitor experience, and facilities needed to support the visitor experience. The document also includes information about the condition and trends of other resources as they are affected by visitor use and facilities.
- Trail Assessment and Prioritization Report 3.47 Mb
Trails are the primary facilities built and maintained by the Open Space and Mountain Parks Department to provide access for visitors and to protect other resources. This document provides a detailed assessment of trail conditions, and proposes an approach for prioritizing the many trail projects identified in the assessment.
- Passive Recreation Activity Assessment Process 33.89 Kb
This document provides an outline of the steps used by Open Space and Mountain Parks staff when making a recommendation about the suitability of a particular use of OSMP lands.
- OSMP Activity Assessment Summary 50.62 Kb
This document provides summary evaluation of several popular recreational activities that occur or have been proposed for Open Space and Mountain Parks lands. The assessment was conducted to provide information about how well various activities fit the definition of passive recreation, and how some activities might be managed to ensure compatibility with the Open Space and Mountain Parks charter purposes.
- VPAC 1 Final Report - 2000 788.90 Kb
In 1999, a citizen advisory committee was formed to assist in creating the Open Space Visitor Plan. The Visitor Plan Advisory Committee's Report was completed, and approved by the Open Space Board of Trustees in March 2000. The report is based on the expertise of members drawn from a breadth of community perspectives and extensive public input.
- VPAC 2 Final Report - 2003 314.92 Kb
The Visitor Plan Advisory Committee, appointed by the Open Space Board of Trustees (OSBT) in January 2003, was granted the authority to make recommendations to the OSBT about the management of visitor use. The goal of the Committee's work was to recommend strategies to improve the quality of the visitor experience and reduce visitor impacts to natural, cultural and agricultural resources.
- Report of the Community Group Forum 139.18 Kb
Twelve diverse groups, along with OSMP staff, participated in a Community Group Forum to build common ground, achieve understanding and agreement on issues, and achieve consensus on acceptable changes to the draft Visitor Master Plan.
Last Updated on Thursday, 14 June 2012 07:41