General Tax Filing Information
- Tax returns are due the 20th day of the month following the reporting period. If the 20th falls on a weekend or a holiday, the return is due the following business day.
- Monthly filers - reporting period 01/12, return is due 02/21/12
- Quarterly filers - reporting period is 01/12 - 03/12, return is due 04/20/12
- Yearly filers - reporting period is 01/12 - 12/12, return is due 01/21/13
- A tax return must be filed for every filing period; if there is no tax due, a zero return must be filed.
- If a return is filed after the due date, add the following late charges.
- Penalty - 10% of the tax due
- Interest - 1% of the tax due for each month that the tax was delinquent
Last Updated on Thursday, 05 July 2012 14:45