Columbia Cemetery Rules & Permits
Columbia Cemetery is a place of memory and quiet reflection. It also functions as a sculpture garden, a primary source for genealogical research, and a rich resource for local history. Most importantly, Columbia Cemetery is still active as a burial ground. Please treat this historic cemetery, its residents, and its visitors with respect.
Cemetery Visitor Rules and Regulations
- The Cemetery is open from dawn until dusk (BRC 8-7-3.)
- Pets must be leashed, and all excrement must be picked up and properly disposed of (BRC 6-1-16, 6-1-18.)
- For visitor safety and resource protection, it is unlawful to lean against, push, pull, shove, kick, climb on, or strike any grave marker (BRC 8-7-9.)
- Projectiles (balls, boomerangs, frisbees, paint balls, model airplanes) are prohibited (BRC 8-7-5.)
- Gravestone rubbing can damage grave markers and is prohibited (BRC 8-7-8.) Instead, use a mirror to direct sunlight onto the face of the marker to read the information on the stone. Preserve the epitaphs and artwork by taking a photograph.
- You are responsible for knowing and obeying all City of Boulder Revised Code Cemetery regulations. Violations are punishable by a fine of up to $1,000, 90 days in jail, and/or full restitution for damage.
Complete Listing of Cemetery Regulations-Boulder Revised Code
Cemetery Permit Regulations-Boulder Revised Code
Permit Application Forms
Columbia Cemetery is owned and managed by the City of Boulder Parks and Recreation Department. For more information call 303-413-7200.
Back to Cemetery Main Page
back to top
Last Updated on Tuesday, 25 September 2012 08:08