April 16, 1997 - Ramsey Update #40
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 16, 1997
Leslie Aaholm, Media Relations, 441-3090
City Web site: www.bouldercolorado.gov
Ramsey Case New Release Index
Ramsey Update April 16 (#40)
- Expenses incurred by the Boulder Police Department through March 30, 1997 are $119,141. This includes $21,377 expended in December, 1996 and an additional $97,763 through 3/30/97. The 1997 expenditures include: $69,406 for overtime; $18,506 for travel and $9,851 for investigative expenses.
- In response to media inquiries and to clarify inaccurate statements, Boulder Police Chief Tom Koby has the following statement:
- Mr. and Mrs. Fleet White, Jr. are not suspects in the JonBenet Ramsey murder investigation. They are considered key witnesses. The Boulder Police Department appreciates the full cooperation they have received from the Whites since the beginning of their investigation. I feel this response is necessary due to the inaccurate portrayal of Mr. and Mrs. White in certain media publications.
- The request by the Boulder District Attorneys Office and Boulder Police Department for a fifth handwriting sample from Patsy Ramsey is still being considered by lawyers for the Ramsey family. Colorado Bureau of Investigation continues to analyze samples previously submitted.
- All Police investigators have returned to Boulder following out-of-state trips to conduct interviews and gather additional information.
- The DNA testing continues at Cellmark. Testing began the week of March 31 and is expected to take four to six weeks to complete.
Last Updated on Friday, 15 June 2012 09:24