Jan. 24, 1997 - Ramsey Update #19
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Jan. 24, 1997
Leslie Aaholm/Kelvin McNeill
Media Relations / (303) 441-3090
City Web site: www.bouldercolorado.gov
Ramsey Case New Release Index
Ramsey Case News Release #19 (Revised Version)
Fact Sheet on Investigation Statistics
The following is current statistical information concerning the Boulder Police investigation in to the JonBenet Ramsey homicide. There have been no arrests in this case, there are no arrests pending and police have not named any suspects.
- Boulder police investigators have committed more than 3,000 hours of staff time to this case. The number of staff hours committed to this case is nearly the equivalent of one and a half full-time police officers working for an entire year (one full-time is 2,080 hours per year).
- Boulder police have interviewed over 90 individuals during the course of the investigation; both in Colorado and out of state.
- The voicemail tip line established for this case (303-441-4310) and the Boulder County Crime Stoppers program (1-800-444-3776) have collectively received over 1,100 telephone calls since the start of the case. Five percent of these calls have necessitated some form of follow-up by police.
- The Boulder County Crime Stoppers Program is coordinating a reward for up to $100,000 for information in the case. The money is being provided by the Ramsey family and others.
- Boulder Police have received over 500 letters from members of the public regarding this case. Police do not have an Internet site so information is not being received through the Internet.
Last Updated on Friday, 15 June 2012 09:14