Auction License Instructions
1) An application must be completely filled out and signed.
2) A surety bond in the amount of $1,000, payable annually must be posted with the city.
3) A city business license with associated city sales tax number must be obtained, and a sales tax deposit in the amount of $500 (cash or certified funds only) must be submitted (303/441-3050).
4) The Auctioneer must provide proof of accreditation or licensing. We will accept a copy of an auctioneer license issued by any other U.S. state or local agency.
5) A fee of $75 + $7 per person for background checks must accompany the completed application.
6) An application must be received at least two weeks prior to the event. A late fee of $200.00 will be charged for all applications that are submitted after the deadline.
7) Auction licenses are not required for auctions conducted under any legal process (court order, property seizure, etc.)
8) Auctions that are held during fund-raising events for local non-profit organizations are not required to obtain a license.
For more information please e-mail or call the Licensing division:
Last Updated on Friday, 11 January 2013 09:50