Pawnbroker & Secondhand Dealer License Instructions
1) An Application must be completely filled out and signed.
2) A fee of $105 + $7 per person background check for a Secondhand Dealer license or
$1980 for a Pawnbroker license + $7 per person for background checks.
3) The applicant must provide proof of applying for/obtaining a city sales tax license (303-441-3050).
4) An application must be received at least two weeks prior to beginning sales. A late fee of $200.00 will be charged for all applications that are submitted after the deadline.
1) Post a surety bond in the amount of $5,000
2) Provide proof of fire and property damage insurance policies upon the property the applicant holds as pledge in the minimum amount of one-half its' pledged value.
For each of the above licenses, background checks will be conducted for all business owners, store managers, and employees who will complete the Boulder Police Department pawn books on goods received. Information on record keeping required of the licensee by the Boulder Police Department is available at BPD Records.
For more information please e-mail or call the Licensing division:
Last Updated on Friday, 11 January 2013 09:53