Make your summer count!
What does it take to be a Junior Ranger?
Junior Rangers make a five week commitment to work on a 10 member trail crew. They complete a variety of manual tasks including trail and trailhead maintenance, weed removal and other natural resource management projects.
The job requires team orientation, personal motivation and responsibility. As a Junior Ranger, you have the opportunity to develop leadership and work skills, improve team performance, and explore local ecology and history. Teens who participate in the program join a proud history of people who have made an effort to preserve our Open Space and Mountain Parks.
- Be at least 14 and not more than 17 years of age at the job start date.
- Successfully complete the application and interview process.
- Have a genuine desire to participate as a Junior Ranger.
- Be able to work throughout one of 2, five week sessions with no more than two absences. Please see job posting for detailed job duties and requirements.
- No previous work experience is necessary but a positive attitude is essential.
Schedule and Pay
Junior Rangers work 28 hours per week, Tuesday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. They begin and end their work day at the Wonderland Lake Trailhead, 4201 N. Broadway, Boulder. Junior Rangers earn an hourly wage. Check the application for current rates.
2013 Session Dates
Session one: 6/3-7/3
Session two: 7/10-8/9
Junior Ranger Home Page
Last Updated on Friday, 08 February 2013 12:58