Pedestrian Crossing Information
- Only cross when the "start crossing" symbol is on. It's illegal to enter a crosswalk when a steady "don't walk" or flashing red hand symbol is on.
- If you are close to an intersection with a traffic signal, you must cross at the crosswalk.
- Where the sidewalk ends, or where there are no sidewalks, walk facing traffic.
- At intersections, make sure motorists have seen you before you step off the curb. Don't assume they will see you or stop.
- Wear light-colored or reflective clothing, especially in stormy weather or at night. Carry a flashlight at night to see and be seen.
- Pedestrian Crossing Treatments
- Pedestrian, Bicycle, and Animal Traffic code
- (Boulder Revised Code, 1981, Title 7, Chapter 5)
- Colorado Bicycle Manual - State bicycle laws, safety tips, listing of bike maps, ride guides, suggested tour routes and clubs. Colorado Department of Transportation, Bicycle Program. Call 303-757-9982.
- Report a Maintenance Issue
Last Updated on Friday, 22 February 2013 14:14