Regarding All Liquor and 3.2% Beer Applications in the City of Boulder
You must schedule an appointment to submit your complete application prior to or on the deadline date. Please call at least 3-4 days before you wish to submit, as appointments on the deadline date tend to fill up fast.
3. If a hotel-restaurant liquor license is applied for, plans and specifications shall, in addition to the above, show the following:
4. If a 3.2% Beer Off-Premise or Retail Liquor Store license is applied for, plans and specification shall show the following:
4. When your application is complete, you must schedule an appointment with the Licensing Clerk to review your application on or before the set deadline (See Schedule of Hearings and Application Deadlines). To schedule this appointment, call 303-441-4192. Applications submitted after the deadline will be scheduled for the next subsequently scheduled hearing.
5. At the time an application is submitted to the Licensing Clerk, dates will be set for you regarding the posting requirements, neighborhood boundaries (for new applications), neighborhood petitions and the Preliminary Findings & Report. The Preliminary Findings & Report will be made available to you by the Licensing Office no later than the fifth day prior to the date of the hearing. The report gives you the status of your application and confirms the date and time of your hearing before the Authority.
6. Submit all fees with the application. Checks should be made payable to: CITY OF BOULDER, COLO. DEPT. OF REVENUE and the CITY OF BOULDER (for background check fee). Checks returned by your bank will be assessed an additional collection fee, your hearing date may be postponed/cancelled, and you may face liquor license violations.
7. You or your representative must be present at the hearing to formally submit your application to the Beverages Licensing Authority (the "Authority"). Failure to appear, or to request a continuance, may result in denial of your application.
8. Should your application be approved by the Authority, it will be forwarded to the State, where it will take 2 to 4 weeks for processing and issuance. Both the City of Boulder and the State of Colorado licenses will be issued from the Licensing Office. If an application is for a new license or a modification, the City Licensing Office shall conduct an inspection of the premises prior to license issuance.
9. The licensee may begin the sale of liquor/3.2% beer only after the licenses have been approved and issued and inspections conducted. All licenses must be posted in a conspicuous location (i.e., visible to the public in a well-lit location) on the licensed premises.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION:
Pursuant to Colorado Liquor Code, applications for liquor/3.2% beer licenses must address the following issues to the satisfaction of the City and State liquor authorities.
Qualifications, Character and Reputation of the Applicant(s): Application for New License, Transfer of Ownership, and Change of Class.
Needs of the Neighborhood: Application for New License, Change of Location, Change of Class, and in most cases, Change, Alter or Modify the Premise.
Desires of the Inhabitants of the Neighborhood: Application for New License, Change of Location, Change of Class, and in most cases, Change, Alter or Modify the Premise.
Documents/proof regarding the needs of the neighborhood, and the desires of the inhabitants of the neighborhood must be created by the applicant. The methods most frequently used are as follows:
Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 July 2012 12:34