Pearl Street Mall
Pearl Street Mall irrigation renovation
Impacts: The 1100 block of the mall will be open with temporary area closures. Detours will be marked.
Dates: Early January 2013 through mid-April 2013 (dependent on weather and contractor scheduling). The irrigation replacement work will continue on the Pearl Street Mall on the 1200, 1300 and 1400 block in future years.
- The irrigation system will be replaced with an efficient system that uses new, water-saving technologies while continuing to sustain the beautiful flowers and trees on the mall.
- Several tree grates around existing trees will be enlarged for tree health.
- Four new trees will be added on 11th street south of the mall, down to Walnut.
- Seven unhealthy trees on the mall will be removed and replaced.
Please Note: All park construction and restoration project dates are subject to change due to weather conditions, contractor schedules and material delivery. Therefore, dates are tentative. Updates and progress reports will be posted on this website as available.
Thank you for your support and cooperation.
For more information on this project, call John Cogdill at 303-441-3409.
About the Pearl Street Mall
The City of Boulder Parks and Recretion Department maintains the Pearl Street Mall. Staff plants thousands of flowers on the Pearl Street Mall every spring and summer, importing 15,000 tulip bulbs from Holland and planting more than 6,000 annuals for a varied mix throughout the season. There are 58 ground flower beds, seven raised beds, 98 hanging pots and 52 containers.
In addition to planting and caring for flowers, plants and trees on the mall, parks staff performs the following tasks:
- Cleaning every morning - seven days a week
- Trash removal daily
- Graffiti removal
- Furniture and structure repair and maintenance (benches, light poles, bollards, bricks, etc.)
- Water feature care and maintenance
- Snow removal
- Event management
- Customer service
More information on shops and restaurants
Smoking ban on the Pearl Street Mall
The Boulder City Council approved an ordinance banning smoking on the Pearl Street Mall on Dec. 18, 2012. The ordinance bans all smoking between 11th and 15th streets on the Pearl Street Mall, and on the lawn of the Boulder County Courthouse. The maximum penalty for a first or second offense within two years is a fine of $500; a third and subsequent conviction within two years triggers the general penalty provision of a maximum $1,000 fine and/or maximum of 90 days in jail.
Map of smoking ban area14.46 MB
Last Updated on Wednesday, 20 February 2013 14:28