RTD's Bike-n-Ride program combines bikes with bus transit.
- All local bus routes include a front-end bike rack that can hold up to two bikes.
- Regional routes may allow you to carry your bike in the luggage compartment if there's room.
- Only two-wheeled adult (except recumbent bikes) and children's bikes fit on the bike racks.
- Motorized bikes are not allowed on any bike rack, inside the baggage bins or inside light rail cars.
Easy to Use Bus Bike Racks
- Signal the bus driver that you have a bike to place in the bike rack (you must be able to lift the bike and place it in the rack by yourself).
- Release the bike rack by squeezing the center handle and slowly lowering it down.
- Pull the support arm up and out and hook it securely over the top of your bike's front wheel.
When you prepare to get off the bus, inform the driver as you exit through the front door that you will be taking your bike off the rack. If your bike is the last one off of the rack, please return the rack to its upright position.
RTD is not responsible for lost or stolen bikes or for damages to bikes due to improper loading.
Regional Bus and SkyRide Tips
Use the front-mounted bike racks if they are not full, otherwise, follow the steps below to use the baggage bins.
- When the bus arrives, remain in line with your bike to prevent losing your place in line. Luggage and bikes will be loaded before passengers are allowed to board the bus.
- Always allow the driver to open and close the baggage bin doors.
- Load your bike as compactly as possible into the baggage bin to accommodate additional bikes or baggage. You made need to remove your front tire, if possible.
- Once you have loaded your bike, you may return to your place in line to board the bus.
- Bikes may be placed inside the bus under the following circumstances:
- it is dark and the next bus to your destination is more than one hour away;
- it is before or after rush hours and there are very few passengers on the bus; and/or
- the bus driver agrees that it is safe to place the bike inside of the bus.
Bike lockers are available at most RTD Park-n-Ride locations and at most light rail and transit stations. The lockers can be used by anyone once they have signed a locker lease agreement and have purchased a $20 RTD-issued padlock. For more information on bike lockers and the lease agreement, call 303-299-2288.
RTD Bike-n-Ride information
Outside the Denver/Boulder area
800-366-7433 ext. 140
RTD Lost and Found
• Boulder - 303-442-7332
• Denver - 303-299-2288
Last Updated on Monday, 25 February 2013 10:46