Meet the manager
The department counts on its employees in Records and Information Services to perform a variety of critical tasks, including:
- Staffing the front reception desk of the Public Safety Building
- Answering incoming non-emergency phone calls
- Providing information and copies of reports to the public
- Entering stolen items, vehicles, missing persons, and wanted persons into the statewide/nationwide computer systems and providing confirmation on the status of these entries
- Assisting officers and detectives with information critical to investigations;
- Releasing impounded vehicles to owners
- Entering data into the police department Records Management System
- Coding reports for the National Incident Based Reporting System (NIBRS)
- Providing statistical reports for internal and external customers. These statistics are used in planning police services, obtaining grants, and are often requested by other city departments, such as Transportation and the City Manager’s Alcohol Advisory Group.
- Administering and maintaining the department’s records database online reporting systems.
RIS is open to the public on weekdays from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., except for major holidays, when the unit is closed.
Last Updated on Friday, 13 July 2012 09:29