Parking options for commuters and employees of local businesses
Parking in neighborhood permit parking zones (NPP) is limited to those who purchase permits. All NPP rules and regulations apply.
Vehicles without a permit, yet parking within a zone, are subject to the time limit of that zone. (See the NPP section for time zone limits.)
Quarterly Commuter Permit fees are $78
- Permits must be renewed each quarter by the following deadlines:
- First Quarter (Jan. - Mar.) - renew by Dec. 31 of previous year
- Second Quarter (April - June) - renew by March 31
- Third Quarter (July - Sept.) - renew by June 30
- Fourth Quarter (Oct. - Dec.) - renew by Sept. 30
Renewal reminders will be mailed or emailed to the address listed on the application at the beginning of the expiration month as a reminder however, it is the responsibility of the applicant to renew on time.
Permits that are not renewed by the stated deadline will become available to the public at the beginning of the next quarter. Renewal payments for permits may be made through the mail or in person. *Mail renewals should be sent by the 15th day of the renewal month. To expedite the permit renewal process, please bring or remit the perforated renewal stub from your current permit.
- Methods of payment include cash, check, money orders or Visa/MasterCard. Money orders and cash are accepted only in person with proper identification. Checks are the preferred method of payment.
- A $10 fee will be charged to replace any lost, misplaced, damaged or stolen commuter permit.
Application for Neighborhood Permit Parking (NPP) for Commuters
Businesses located within an NPP may purchase up to three permits.
Application for Neighborhood Permit Parking (NPP) for Businesses in a NPP zone.
The majority of on-street meters throughout the downtown are three-hour meters. Longer-term meters can be found on the edges of the downtown. Five parking garages are conveniently located near the Pearl Street Mall at 11th and Walnut streets, 14th and Walnut streets, 10th and Walnut streets, 11th and Spruce streets and 15th and Pearl streets. There is also one metered parking lot located at Broadway Avenue and Spruce Street.
Parking Structures (Downtown only) The five downtown parking garages have short term and reserved parking (wait list only).
Tokens/Validation program for merchants.
City of Boulder
Downtown University Hill Management Division / Parking Services
1500 Pearl Street, Suite 302
Boulder, CO 80302
Last Updated on Thursday, 21 February 2013 14:59