Commercial Use of Park Land
What is commercial use on City of Boulder parks?
Commercial use includes anyone who offers instruction, education, care or supervision and charges a fee. Examples of a commercial use: outdoor fitness or yoga class in a park, junior cyclocross program, school age nature program.
Disclaimer: Performing in an outdoor public space is open to the public at no charge. Having a commercial permit will not exclude any general public in the area from participation of your group for free. Example: A visitor in the park noticing a fitness group; the visitor may join the group without permission and follow along.
- Parks and Recreation Department programs and special events will have priority for use of park areas.
- Park use is conditional based on weather conditions and maintenance practices.
- This policy does not apply to Boulder Reservoir or Valmont Bike Park.
- Commercial use in the historic area of Chautauqua is limited.
- Commercial use at any neighborhood park area on any weekend day (Saturday, Sunday) and national holidays.
- Commercial use in "pocket parks"
- More than two commercial use groups at any neighborhood park area at the same time.
Commercial Use Fee
The fee charged to user groups in the program are based on the number of user visits and includes the following elements:
- Park sites/times/days to be used would be identified
- Refundable security/damage deposit of $100
- Reporting and payment to be quarterly
- Required reporting includes participation and programs/class types
- Voluntary reporting of pricing and revenues earned
|Fee Tier per Quarter
||Minimum User Visits
||Maximum User Visits
Flat Fee Quarterly
||2,000 & over
How to obtain a commercial use permit
Your request is reviewed by a group of program managers and may take up to 30 days for the review process. Please submit the following details:
- Group organizer (either a private person or business)
- Address, contact phone number and email
- Description of your program, including time/dates, and expected attendance.
- Requested location plus an alternative location (if a location already has a group)
- Proof of liability insurance for the group
- Other helpful information including group website, application sample, brochures
or mail to:
City of Boulder Parks and Recreation, % Commercial Use
Boulder, CO 80304
Last Updated on Thursday, 16 May 2013 06:51