Compliance and Asset Management
The City of Boulder is committed to maintaining the integrity of the affordable housing opportunities and nonprofit programs provided to residents living in the City of Boulder through the award of federal funds.
The Compliance and Asset Management Division ensures housing program compliance and financial compliance with federal, state and local regulatory mandates through the established management and monitoring procedures. Site Review monitoring visits and desk review are mechanisms used for in-depth investigation and overall assessment.
Information regarding compliance statutes of specific City of Boulder, Housing and Human Services, Division of Housing properties may be obtained by callling or writing the department.
NEWS & UPDATES
Rental Restructure Update: For quite some time Housing staff has been in discussions with Boulder Housing Partners and Thistle Communities leasing staff to find a way to simplify the way rents are set and increased.
In order to simplify the rental practices of the city’s rental covenants and ease the administrative burden for the landlords and city staff, the following decisions have been made:
1. The current Colorado Housing and Finance Authority (CHFA) Income Rent Table for Boulder County will be used to determine the maximum rents allowed.
2013 AMI & Maximum Rental Chart
2. The existing AMI’s established in the covenants will be maintained.
3. The CHFA standard of household income rising above the maximum allowable income by 140 percent is approved for lease renewal.
4. Household asset limits will be removed from the covenants.
5. The city will revise its subsidy underwriting criteria for rental projects to be based on to-be-determined factors other than the maximum allowed rents. Future requests for CIP funding will include annual income statements for the property.
Please contact Shelly Conley at 303-441-3231 or by
for more information.
- Reports: downloadable quarterly and annual reports may be fund under the Compliance link on the navigation bar to the upper left.
- Project Managers and Property Managers: please be sure to provide updated information, i.e., staff changes, email, address and phone numbers to ensure communication is maintained.
STAFF AND CONTACT INFORMATION
Acting Asset Manager
Asset Management Compliance Specialist
|Division of Housing
1300 Canyon Blvd
P.O. Box 791
Boulder, CO 80306
Last Updated on Monday, 08 April 2013 20:10