2012 Outstanding Youth Volunteer Award Recipients
Do you know a young person that does meaningful volunteer work? Why not nominate them for an award? Each year the YOP recognizes youth volunteers that are nominated by community members. Please visit this site in early March for a nomination form.
Congratulations to the 2012 Award Recipients
Community members nominate City of Boulder middle-school or high-school aged residents who have done meaningful local volunteer work. Ten are selected by high school students on YOAB to receive awards. Here are the 2012 award winners.
• Ben Rastle, Boulder High School 12th grade – volunteered with the Boulder High football team visiting hospital patients and cleaning up after the Four Mile Fire, and has done local fundraising to support several service trips through his church.
• Gerardo Gutierrez, Manhattan Middle School 7th grade – through the Youth Services Initiative helped with several neighborhood clean-ups, assisted many city projects and supported the Ironman Boulder triathlon races.
• Kyle Shepherd, New Vista High School 12th grade –has developed curriculum, taught classes, led Philosophy Circles, and helped organize sober social events for teens through the Natural Highs program.
• Lily Siegert & Noa Greenwald, Platt CHOICE 8th grade – have volunteered at Community Table and the Boulder Homeless Shelter for years, and organized a dinner that raised $2,000 for the Shelter.
• Mariah Wisner, Fairview High School 12th grade – has supported a variety of local non-profits through four years with growing Gardens’ Cultiva Youth Project, and has volunteered at the Association for Community Living.
• Michael Clymer, New Vista High School 9th grade – organizes several clubs at New Vista and is co-President of the Gay Straight Alliance, also volunteers at Hip Consignment Clothing Store.
• Sarah Groenwald, Boulder High School 12th grade – supports riders with disabilities and helps at the barn at the Colorado Therapeutic Riding Center.
• Seth Blum, New Vista High School 10th grade - has served in leadership roles for several years working with youth and adults at Wildlands Restoration Volunteers.
• Taylor Meneley, Boulder High School 12th grade – has been a peer leader with Boulder Youth Body Alliance throughout high school giving presentations, designing outreach activities, and doing policy work.
• Sophia Kloor, New Vista High School 11th grade – has educated peers and worked for social change with OUT Boulder and with Women’s Health’s Sexual Health and AIDS Awareness Peer Education Program.
Last Updated on Thursday, 20 December 2012 21:55