EXPAND Program for People with Disabilities
The Exciting Programs Adventures and New Dimensions(EXPAND) program helps people who have disabilities improve and gain new recreation and leisure skills that will enhance participants' overall well being and their quality of life.
Sign up for programs now!Register Online
Our hats go off to all the outstanding athletes- Keep up the great work!
For information about EXPAND call Colleen at 303-413-7216.
What you can gain from participation in EXPAND programs:
* Inclusive Opportunites-Inclusion promotes an environment where people with and without disabilities recreate together by taking classes offered through the Boulder Parks & Recreation Department. EXPAND will provide the necessary support to insure a successful experience for all invloved. Two weeks notice is required.
* Specialized Programs- EXPAND staff and trained volunteers work together to teach new leisure/recreation skills and/or enhance old favorites. Classes offered vary from season to season.
* Unified Sports / Special Olympics- Teams consist of people with and without disabilities playing together in local and regional competitions. EXPAND coordinates teams such as basketball, softball, soccer, volleyball, gymnastics and golf.
Training for Special Olypmics sports is offered throughout the year. All athletes need to complete an S.O. Medical form every three years. Programs EXPAND provides training in: skiing, basketball, track, softball, swimming, gymnastics, bocce ball, bowling, floor hockey, and volleyball.
* Adventure, Cultural Arts, Fitness, and Leisure Programs- Programs that range from fitness to campouts, hikes to dances, social events, outings, and crafts. Programs vary from season to season.
* Scholarships / Reduced Rate- Additional funding opportunites. Contact Sherri Brown @ 303-441-4933 for more information.
* Sports for people with physical disabilities - EXPAND offers a variety of sport and recreation activities for people with physical disabilities. Contact Jen Heilveil @ 303-413-7474.
* Journeys- Provides fitness, adventure and leisure opportunities for adults with Mild Traumatic Brain Injuries (MTBI) and other similar neurological conditions. These services promote personal challenge, increase self-esteem and growth in a supportive and safe environment. Contact Cory Lasher @ 303-413-7269.
Designed by and for people with disabilities. This guide to trails provides a complete narrative and map to over 40 natural sites in eastern Boulder County. Trail Accessibility Guide 2.56 Mb
Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 June 2013 13:26