Aug. 24, 2011 - East Boulder Community Park grand re-opening celebration Aug. 27
Shelly Ruspakka, Parks and Recreations, 303-413-7214
Sarah Huntley, Media Relations, 303-441-3155
East Boulder Community Park grand re-opening celebration Aug. 27
The City of Boulder’s Parks and Recreation Department will host an East Boulder Community Park grand re-opening event on Saturday, Aug. 27, at the East Boulder Community Park and East Boulder Recreation Center, 5660 Sioux Drive.
The free, public event will celebrate the recent completion of major improvements to the park, including:
- Addition of two, multi-sport synthetic turf fields;
- Renovation of the dog park;
- Resurfacing and lighting of five tennis courts;
- Improvements to handball courts;
- Addition of pedestrian and multi-use path connections;
- Renovations to grass open play fields;
- Addition of a parking lot on the south side of the park; and
- Improvements to landscaping, drainage and irrigation.
The re-opening event will feature:
- 8 to 8:45 a.m.: Free outdoor fitness bootcamp behind the tennis and basketball courts in the East Boulder Community Park.
- 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.: Free admission to the East Boulder Recreation Center; free child care; and free dance, yoga and fitness class samplers.
- 9 to 11 a.m.: Free youth and adult tennis lessons with Gonzo. Humane Society of Boulder Valley volunteers will have information, treats and adoptable dogs.
- 10 to 10:30 a.m.: Ribbon-cutting ceremony on the grassy area between the east multi-sport field and the dog park.
- 10:30 to 11 a.m.: Water-wise turf demonstration garden preview, highlighting different water conserving turf species and irrigation methods. The turf garden will be completed in 2012—but you can get a preview now. It is located on the south side of the recreation center and east side of the ponds.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 30 May 2012 13:54