Sept. 7, 2011 - Free parking and convenient transit options available for CU football fans
Mike Banuelos, Public Works, 303-441-4073
Sarah Huntley, Media Relations, 303-441-3155
Free parking and convenient transit options available for CU football fans
Fans attending University of Colorado (CU) home football games this season can park for free on Saturdays and Sundays in city-owned and Twenty Ninth Street parking garages, as well as at specific RTD park-n-Ride locations. The city-owned parking garages are located downtown at:
- 10th Street and Walnut Street (St. Julien Hotel)
- 11th Street and Spruce Street
- 11th Street and Walnut Street
- 14th Street and Walnut Street (Boulder Transit Center)
- 15th Street and Pearl Street
With game day, CU main campus public-parking fees around $20 and more than 4,000 cars expected per game, it makes sense to park downtown and use alternative transportation. (Please note: Free parking in city-owned garages is only available on Saturdays and Sundays.)
Alternative transportation options to and from the games include:
- HOP Bus: Fans can take the HOP to Folsom Field. The HOP arrives at stops every 15 to 20 minutes, starting at 9 a.m. on Saturdays. After the game, passengers can board the HOP at 16th Street and Euclid Avenue or on Folsom Street, between Arapahoe Avenue and Canyon Boulevard. Once Colorado Avenue in front of the stadium re-opens, the HOP will resume its normal route through campus.
- Cost: $2.25 for a one-way fare. Riders must have exact change or another form of RTD payment, such as an Eco Pass.
- RTD Buff Shuttle: Fans can park at the Table Mesa park-n-Ride and take the RTD Buff Shuttle to Folsom Field. Shuttles begin departing 1 ½ hours before the game and operate every 10 to 20 minutes until kickoff. The shuttle returns to the Table Mesa park-n-Ride at the end of the game, with the last bus leaving 45 minutes after the game ends.
- Cost: $4.50 for a round-trip fare. Riders must have exact change. Passes, tickets, transfers and tokens are NOT accepted for this special service. Parking fees may apply.
- RTD BuffRide: Fans can park at designated park-n-Ride locations and take the RTD BuffRide to Folsom Field. These buses start departing from select park-n-Rides 2 ½ hours before the game and continue to run until 75 minutes before kickoff. The BuffRide returns to the park-n-Rides at the end of the game, with the last bus leaving 45 minutes after the game ends.
- Cost: $8 to $10 for a round-trip fare (depending on the park-n-Ride location). Riders must have exact change. Passes, tickets, transfers and tokens are NOT accepted for this special service. Parking fees may apply. View a map of the BuffRide route and park-n-Ride locations.
For detailed transit schedules and more information, go to RTD-Denver.com, RTD-Denver.com/BuffRide or call 303-299-6000. For City of Boulder bike routes and directions, go to www.GOBikeBoulder.net.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 30 May 2012 13:42