Feb. 29, 2012 - Suspects spend thousands after stealing wallet
Suspects spend thousands after stealing wallet
A female victim was shopping in the store at and left her purse unattended in her cart while she shopped. She realized her wallet was missing from her purse when she tried to check out and pay for her items around
The victim began calling her credit card companies to cancel her cards, but they had already been used for transactions at various stores in
Here are descriptions of the suspects:
· 5’5” to 5’6” tall
· 130 pounds
· Long black, waist-level hair
· Dark brown eyes
· Wearing black clothes and high-heeled black boots
· Described by clerk as “stylish”
· Approximately 40 years old
· 5’3” to 5’4” tall
· 140 pounds
· Black hair
· Light brown eyes
· Wearing a tan beanie-style cap, a tan puffy jacket & blue jeans
· Wearing a brown and black leather jacket
· No further information is available, but photo is below:
The case number is 12-1836.
The Boulder Police Department would like to offer some tips for safe shopping:
1. Keep your purse in your hands or on your shoulder; never leave it unattended because criminals know your attention will be divided while shopping.
2. Keep your cell phone in your pocket.
3. Pre-program phone numbers for your banks and all your credit card companies into your phone.
4. Alert store security
5. Call each financial institution immediately after becoming aware of the theft. Criminals know they have a small window of opportunity to use your credit cards before they are flagged as stolen.
6. Authorize financial institutions to relase any illegal transaction details to law enforcement for the investigation.
7. Don’t keep your Social Security card or any password information in your wallet.
Police are asking the public for help in identifying the suspect in the attached photo. The lead investigator in this case is Detective Scott Morris, and he can be reached at
Last Updated on Wednesday, 23 January 2013 09:01