The Youth Opportunities Program offers financial support for cultural, recreational, and educational activities for City of Boulder resident middle and high school age youth through grants to individual youth and to agencies. All grants serve City of Boulder resident middle school and high school youth only.
Grants for Youth Groups and Youth Programs
Annual Grant Fund
• Grants from $3,000 - $15,000
• Grants to help provide cultural, educational, or recreational activities in Colorado
• One-year and two year grants are available
• Proposals for the 2013-2014 year are due Feb. 27, 2013
• Applicants will be notified of funding in June
• You must read and use both Part 1 and Part 2 of the proposal materials below
Part 1 Contains general information, timelines and the proposal instructions. All proposals require specific forms which can be found in Part 2.
Part 2 Save Part 2 to your computer, fill out the sections you need and incorporate them into your proposal.
2012-13 List of Grants Awarded
The following documents will assist you in preparing your grant proposal:
• Building Connections Español
• Voices and Views Español
• Most recent Youth Risk Behavior Survey
Group Activities Fund
• Groups of at least ten City of Boulder residents can apply for up to $3,000 to help pay for a cultural, educational, or recreational activity in Colorado
• Application deadline is the 15th of each month August - April
2013 Group Activities Fact Sheet and Application or email
Grants for Individual Youth
• City of Boulder resident youth can apply for up to $200 to help pay for a cultural, educational or recreational activity in Colorado
• If funded, youth complete four hours of volunteer service for every $50 they receive
Individual Fund Application and Fact Sheet English Español or email
To see a list of youth volunteer opportunities organized by age, go to our YOP Volunteer Opportunities booklet.
Volunteer Service Project Fund
City of Boulder resident youth may apply for funds to purchase materials needed to do a local community service project. Application deadline is the 15th of each month during the school year.
Service Project Fund Application or email
Last Updated on Thursday, 16 May 2013 19:38