How to Apply
A City of Boulder Application is required for each position to which you are applying
The City of Boulder is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply. Applications are accepted for announced vacancies only. Separate applications must be submitted for each position for which you are applying.
To apply for a position:
- Complete a City of Boulder Employment Application. Applications are required for all City of Boulder position openings and must be filled out completely and accurately. Resumes and cover letters may be attached to applications. If the information requested does not apply, enter n/a. Refer to the job announcement for duties and requirements of the position. If the position your are applying for requires a valid driver’s license or a Commercial Driver’s License, you must complete the Driving Information section of the Employment Application. According to the Colorado Public Records Act, all information on applications is considered public information.
- Complete the application online. If this is the first time you are applying using our online job application, you will need to create an account and select a Username and Password. For additional instructions please review the Online Employment Application Guide. After your account has been established, you can build an application by clicking on the "Build Job Application" link. This application can be saved and used to apply for more than one job opening and future opportunities.
- If you require a paper application, or for any questions on seasonal employment, please contact the Employment Specialist at 303-441-4075.
- City of Boulder applications are required for all positions and must be received by Human Resources no later than the specified deadline.
Paper applications may be:
- dropped off Monday through Friday at:
City of Boulder, Human Resources
1101 Arapahoe Avenue, First Floor
Between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- mailed to City of Boulder, Attn: Human Resources, PO Box 791, Boulder, CO, 80306;
- faxed to Human Resources, 303-441-3049.
- Following the closing date, applications are forwarded to the appropriate department and screened. Candidates selected for interviews will be notified by that department. Applicants are generally notified within three weeks after the closing date if they have been selected for an interview; however, the time frame may vary depending upon departmental needs and priorities.
- Successful candidates may be required to pass a pre-placement medical screening based upon job requirements, a physical agility/skill testing, and a substance screen prior to employment. Background investigations may be done prior to employment, as well. All employment offers are based upon the applicant’s ability to provide satisfactory "proof of identity and legal right to work in the United States." Examples of satisfactory proof are driver's license, social security card, birth certificate and passport. See Required Documentation or contact Human Resources at 303-441-3070.
- To view the status on posted vacant positions after the application deadline has passed, applicants should log-in to their NEOGOV account and click on the Application Status tab.
A CITY OF BOULDER APPLICATION IS REQUIRED FOR ALL POSITIONS
Human Resources Home | Current City Jobs
Last Updated on Wednesday, 25 July 2012 10:50