Fire System Permit Review
In order to submit plans for review, you must be a licensed contractor with the City of Boulder.
If you are not currently a City of Boulder licensed contractor you may test for a license. Testing is scheduled on the second Wednesday of every month and costs $30. Please contact
to sign up for testing.
- Plans may be dropped off at the Public Safety Building, 1805 33rd St, Boulder, CO 80301, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. This is a secured building so you will need a picture ID to obtain a visitor's pass at the front desk.
- Please submit three copies of the plans and allow two weeks for your plans to be reviewed.
- You will need a completed a Fire System Permit Review form attached to your plans. The valuation ($) of the work must be included on this form for your plans to be reviewed. Fire System Permit Review Form 812.46 Kb
- All plans and resubmittals will be reviewed in the order they are logged in (dated) at Fire Headquarters.
- If you are submitting fire alarm plans, please click on the attached fire alarm submittal requirements. Fire Alarm Plan Review Submittal Requirements 33.28 Kb
- Permit fees are determined by Planning and Development Services. You can find their fee schedule by clicking on the following link. Fire system plans are charged according to the Building Permit Fee Schedule. Fee Schedule
- You will be contacted by the Fire Protection Engineer by phone when your plans are ready for pickup.
- Planning and Development Services will contact you by phone when your permit is ready to be picked up. Permit fees are payable to the City of Boulder. This payment is due when you pick up your permit at the Planning and Development Services Department, 1739 Broadway (Park Central Building, 3rd Floor).
- Call 303-441-3354 for the Fire Protection Engineer 72 hours prior to needing a rough or final inspection.
Last Updated on Thursday, 05 July 2012 08:10