Valmont City Park
Valmont City Park Concept Plan
Valmont Dog Park
Disc golf tee pad
Platt Farmhouse [More photos]
Volunteer work day on disc golf course
2013 Valmont City Park - Phase 2 Planning
The first phase of Valmont City Park is nearly complete and has been overwhelmingly successful. In order to address increased recreation demand from the community the Boulder Parks and Recreation Department will be initiating the planning of Phase 2 of Valmont City Park which is south of Valmont Road in 2013. The Process will complete the following major objectives:
Prepare an update to the 2008 Valmont Park Master Plan for areas on South Side of Valmont Road
Prepare a physical plan, support graphics, and a summary report that updates the 2008 Master Plan. Prepare new information and ideas related to existing site conditions, area planning context, park land uses and needs, park development planning principles and development framework.
Emphasize Sustainable Park Development
City criteria for sustainability will be addressed in the process and practices and sustainable development will be incorporated into the plan.
Facilitate Effective Community Engagement and Collaboration
The department is currently developing a program and schedule to actively engage staff, the public, user groups, and policy makers.
2012 Valmont Construction is Complete
- Two new bridges crossing the two ditches at the northeast end of the park have been installed.
- Extension of the 10 foot wide concrete multi-use path is complete.
- Valmont Dog Park is open! [Details]
- Landscape improvements around the historic Platt Farm House have been completed.
- Widening of the sidewalk on the east side of Airport Road is complete.
- Installation of three new shade structures and additional picnic tables (a large shelter near the event plaza, a larger shelter near the large parking lot on Valmont Road, and a smaller shade shelter in the dog park) are complete and available for use.
- The new interim 18-hole disc golf course is now open for play!
- Additional trees and shrubs will be planted throughout the park in spring 2013.
We apologize for any inconvenience the temporary closures may have caused. Our goal is to get the construction activities done as quickly as possible and reopen any areas closed for construction. Thank you for your patience with our construction activities as we strive to improve your park.
If you click on the donate button below, you will leave the City of Boulder Web site. Linked sites are not under the control of the City of Boulder and the city is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites.
Last Updated on Thursday, 10 January 2013 09:28